These attached Terms and Conditions are part of Studio E.P.I.X. INC.’s Sign-up process.
1. By signing up, I understand that I am creating a profile on Studio EPIX website. The said profile will allow me to purchase one or more sessions or packages (collectively the “Sessions”) offered by Studio EPIX Inc. (the “Studio”). I hereby acknowledge that any session or package purchased through the profile will provide me with access to the Services (as defined below), and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. I hereby acknowledge that all purchases of Sessions are “final sale” and therefore non-refundable, subject to the application of applicable laws.
3. In order to attend a Session, I understand that I have to place a reservation either online or by telephone. Should I decide to cancel a reservation, I hereby agree to do so before 60 minutes preceding the scheduled Session, failing which I will be deemed to have used the Session and will not otherwise be allowed to reschedule it. Members that hold an unlimited membership will be charged a late cancellation fee of fifteen dollars ($15) to their account for any cancellations done after 60 min preceding the scheduled Session.
4. The 2 EPIX introductory offers are: purchase a session and get your second one for free or an unlimited week, both with a validity period of 7 days starting on the first visit. Only one of these 2 offers can be purchased, and only once per person. In case of multiple purchases of either of these offers by the same individual, Studio EPIX reserves the right to refuse or cancel the purchase(s) that do not comply with Studio EPIX terms and conditions.
5. I hereby agree to diligently and faithfully abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Studio which are posted in the Studio. I acknowledge that the Rules and Regulations may be modified from time to time and undertake to familiarize myself with any and all of such modifications by periodically reviewing such updated Rules and Regulations posted in the Studio. I understand that failure to follow and respect the Rules and Regulations will result in verbal and/or written warnings being issued against me and placed in my file and may lead to the Studio’s refusal to provide the Services to me.
7. The activities (including the Sessions), programs and equipment offered, made available and/or used at the Studio (the “Services”) could cause serious injury or harm to a person. This applies to everyone, from beginners to more experienced individuals whether the Services are being enjoyed alone or as a group and with or without an instructor. The Services present innate risks and this is why it is strongly recommended that you obtain an evaluation or an assessment from a licensed physician prior to undertaking any of the Services. Our qualified instructors can help you to maximize the efficiency of your workouts, avoid risky or dangerous movements and minimize risk of injury, but they are not doctors and their evaluations and/or assessments of your physical fitness and any recommendation of activities made by them or any Studio Representative (as defined below) shall not constitute a substitute for obtaining the evaluation or assessment from a licensed physician. I hereby represent and warrant to the Studio that I am and will remain physically fit to undertake, perform and receive the Services, and that I am solely responsible for all health risks associated with such activities.
8. As a condition to allowing me to sign up for an account, purchasing the Sessions and utilizing the other Services, I hereby assume all risks of personal injury, property loss or other damages which may result from or arise out of attendance at or use of the Studio or participation in any of the Services (including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, participation in formal training or group Sessions, receiving of personal training/nutritional services and receiving of advisory services) except if the damages are caused by the Studio’s gross negligence or willful misconduct. For greater certainty, I recognize and acknowledge that the condition referred to in the foregoing sentence is so crucial, that the Studio would not have granted me access to the Services without it.
9. Except if caused as a result of the Studio’s gross negligence or from its willful misconduct, I hereby, on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, fully and forever release and discharge the Studio and its representatives, from any claims, damages, demands, rights of action or causes of action, present or future, known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, resulting from or arising out of my attendance at or use of the Studio or my participation in any of the Sessions or use of any of the Services.
11. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy of the content found on this website. You acknowledge that this website may contain inaccuracies or errors, thus we are not liable for such inaccuracies or errors.
12. From time to time, this website may contain third party links and hyperlinks to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and to provide further information. You acknowledge that we are not liable for the content of such third party links and hyperlinks, and as such, we have no control over them.
14. I acknowledge having received a copy of these Terms and Conditions and further acknowledge that the Studio reserves the right from time to time to modify them. As such, I undertake to review these Terms and Conditions periodically to familiarize myself with any changes.
CLAUSE REQUIRED UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT
The consumer (you) may cancel this contract without charge or penalty before the merchant (the Studio) has begun the performance of this principal obligation by sending the form attached hereto or another notice in writing for that purpose (see Schedule A for such form) to the merchant.
If the merchant has begun to perform its principal obligation, the consumer may cancel this contract within a time period equal to 1/10 of the duration prescribed in this contract by sending the attached form or another notice in writing for that purpose to the merchant. Such time period shall begin at the time the merchant begins to perform his principal obligation. In that case, the merchant may not exact from the consumer payment of any sum greater than one-tenth of the total price prescribed in the contract.
The contract is cancelled, without further formality, upon the sending of the form or notice.
Within ten (10) days following the cancellation info this contract, the merchant must restore to the consumer the money he owes him.
It is in the consumer’s interest to refer to Sections 197 to 205 of the Consumer protection Act (R.S.Q. C. P-40.1) and, where necessary, to communicate with the Office de la protection du consommateur.